OUR RESPONSE TO COVID -19
Prescott YMCA Reopening Information
Due to Governor Ducey's Executive Order issued 06/29/20 we have suspended all operations (except child care) for at least one month. See you when we reopen!
Our top priority here at the James Family Prescott Valley YMCA has always been and will continue to be the health and safety of our members and staff. We have worked closely with the Governor’s office to create a phased re-opening plan and to implement guidelines to safely re-open.
Prescott, AZ, June 4, 2020 — We are excited to announce our re-opening Phase 2.1 for our YMCA Monday, June 8th! Since reopening our fitness center and weight room on May 18, we have continued to keep the health and safety of our members and staff top-of-mind. We’ve continued to follow the guidance from government and health officials, and are prepared to reopen several additional programs and branch amenities with the same intentional approach you have come to trust at the Y. In addition to our fitness floor operations, we are pleased to announce that our pools, group fitness classes, personal training, locker rooms and Childwatch will reopen with the new operational guidelines below. We are reviewing opening guidelines from the National YMCA for gymnastics and dance and will continue to keep you updated.
Facility Operations Phase 2.1
- Beginning June 8th, the facility will open at 5am Monday through Friday and close at 8:00pm
- Members will be limited to 90 minutes in the facility to ensure all members have the time and opportunity to enjoy the Y
- Facility capacity will be 125.
- Locker rooms will be reopened and cleaned and disinfected throughout the day
- We continue to stress, if you are not feeling well or have come into contact with someone with COVID-19, please stay home! Help us keep our Y communities safe and healthy. We also recommend that if you are part of a vulnerable population, please wait to enjoy the Y.
- Beginning June 8th, the Family Change Locker room will be closed Mon-Fri, 6:00am – 6:30pm, to serve as a restroom facility for our Summer Day Camp Program. This way our Summer Day Camp Kids will be kept separate from the general membership.
- Beginning June 8th men’s and women’s locker rooms will be closed to allow for disinfecting and to allow for program transitioning from Mon-Fri, 10–10:30am and 11:30am–12noon.
- Personal Training programs are available for purchase
- Limited group fitness schedules will continue and will be available at https://prescottymca.org/schedules
- Virtual Group fitness schedule is available online at https://prescottymca.org/schedules
- Reduced capacities and social distancing will be in place for each group fitness area
- All equipment and studio spaces will be disinfected after each class
- Lap swim will be available at from 5am til 8pm.
- Lap swim will initially be limited to two people per lane
- Lap swim reservations will NOT be required
- Open Recreation and Family is for members only and will be limited to 75.
- Social distancing will be enforced on pool deck and equipment will be disinfected after use
- Beginning on June 8th the pool will be closed for member use from 10am – 12noon to allow for the Summer Day Camp kids to utilize the pool and to comply with new programmatic guidelines.
- Water Aerobics will begin on July 6th, times TBA.
- Deep Water Exercise will begin July 6, T/TH, 7:30am-8:30am.
- Warm water aerobics will begin with limited availability on July6th, times TBA with registration beginning on June 15th.
- Registration for individual and group swim lessons has begun
- Hours will be Mon-Fri, 8am -12noon and Mon-Thu, 4pm – 7:00pm.
- Child watch is available for children ages 1 to 12 years of age
- All children will have their temperature checked prior to entry and handwashing practices will be reinforced
- Basketball gymnasium will be open, for shoot around.
- Bring your own ball
- Gymnasium water fountain will not be available
- Pickleball will be played on two courts
- Bring your own paddle
Additionally, our YMCA began offering Summer Day Camp programs June 1 (ages 5-12). Special member pricing for programs is available, please visit https://prescottymca.org/child-care for rates.
For more information about the James Family Prescott YMCA’s reopening phases and Covid-19 protocols, please contact Ryan Harlow, Membership Director, at 928-445-7221, email@example.com or visit www.prescottymca.org.